Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

how do I get out?

I've been with my husband for 6 years now. We have a 4 year old little girl. Im a sahm the only income I make is from watching a little girl for 6 days a week. Hes mean, hes hateful. He always says if I leave he will get our daughter because i don't do anything and no judge would give her to me. Is this true? of course if I left I would get a job and take care of her shes my entire world and I can't live without her. help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • I want to help so badly but I just don't know how! : (

    Are you close to your family? Could you go stay with them and have them help you get on your feet?

    Answer by Sara.Robyson at 9:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • look at worst he would get her till you get on your feet but once you can support her and you and live on your own their is no reason you cant get her and thats at the worst most judges favor the mothers and just be honest and work hard your a great mother and never let a man make you feel sad or scared!

    Answer by saadamarie at 9:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • He would never get full custody, unless you can prove he is unfit.

    Answer by twilite2000 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • No it's not true. He can't take her because you're a SAHM, that's ridicules and he's trying to put you down so you won't leave his worthless ass! Go find a lawyer, they normally have free consultations. Ask them everything that you will need to do and then start planning. Go to the state and get help from them. You are better than how he is treating you, you don't deserve that and don't make yourself be stuck there because you're a SAHM. Take all the help you can get, that's what it's for!

    Answer by colethky at 9:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Oh, and whatever you do, when you get out make sure you already have a job and a place to stay and DON'T leave your daughter with him. If you do the judge will look at it as abandoning your child.

    Answer by colethky at 9:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • before you leave get on your feet get a job, a car, and apply for housing, then leave. You will get your daughter the courts favor with the mother unless they have reason not too

    Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • It will not hurt you if youleave. And according to a lawyer that I spoke to, you dont have to work until your youngest child is 7 years old and the old thing about you leaving, thats B/S. Guys always throw that at the woman. Good luck to you, dont let him get you down to where you feel like your in a rut.

    Answer by suzzeee at 10:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Look for employment now. Find a place to stay family,friend. He can't take her but you will share custody. Just try to get on your feet

    Answer by Claudiomom at 10:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Has he hit you ?
    Do you have proff ?

    Do you have any witness's to verbal. or domestic abuse ?

    Come to my profile...

    Mail me personally.

    Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Its not that simple, he will have to prove you are unfit. You can leave, there is lots of help out there

    Answer by RealestRican at 1:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
hand jobs

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
implantation pain?