how do I get out?

I've been with my husband for 6 years now. We have a 4 year old little girl. Im a sahm the only income I make is from watching a little girl for 6 days a week. Hes mean, hes hateful. He always says if I leave he will get our daughter because i don't do anything and no judge would give her to me. Is this true? of course if I left I would get a job and take care of her shes my entire world and I can't live without her. help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I want to help so badly but I just don't know how! : (

Are you close to your family? Could you go stay with them and have them help you get on your feet?
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 9:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• look at worst he would get her till you get on your feet but once you can support her and you and live on your own their is no reason you cant get her and thats at the worst most judges favor the mothers and just be honest and work hard your a great mother and never let a man make you feel sad or scared!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 9:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• He would never get full custody, unless you can prove he is unfit.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No it's not true. He can't take her because you're a SAHM, that's ridicules and he's trying to put you down so you won't leave his worthless ass! Go find a lawyer, they normally have free consultations. Ask them everything that you will need to do and then start planning. Go to the state and get help from them. You are better than how he is treating you, you don't deserve that and don't make yourself be stuck there because you're a SAHM. Take all the help you can get, that's what it's for!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Oh, and whatever you do, when you get out make sure you already have a job and a place to stay and DON'T leave your daughter with him. If you do the judge will look at it as abandoning your child.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• before you leave get on your feet get a job, a car, and apply for housing, then leave. You will get your daughter the courts favor with the mother unless they have reason not too
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It will not hurt you if youleave. And according to a lawyer that I spoke to, you dont have to work until your youngest child is 7 years old and the old thing about you leaving, thats B/S. Guys always throw that at the woman. Good luck to you, dont let him get you down to where you feel like your in a rut.
    suzzeee

Answer by suzzeee at 10:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Look for employment now. Find a place to stay family,friend. He can't take her but you will share custody. Just try to get on your feet
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Has he hit you ?
    Do you have proff ?

Do you have any witness's to verbal. or domestic abuse ?

Come to my profile...

IF YOU ARE READY TO LEAVE !!!
    OR
    Mail me personally.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Its not that simple, he will have to prove you are unfit. You can leave, there is lots of help out there
    RealestRican

Answer by RealestRican at 1:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010