stairs

I would like to be able to climb stairs without my legs feeling so tired,and feeling winded to. I do not smoke haven't for 5 yrs yes I'm a little overweight but I'[ve always had a lot weakness in me legs,even when I was slim, even hiking makes my legs hurt. My questions is,how many of you get really tired jello legs when climbing stairs and did you ever see if theirs a reason why they hurt,such as not enough blood flow to the heart and back,or clogged arteries? I would say it doesn't hurt really just feel like I';m really tired and half to stop midway up stairs to calm down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Health

• do you regularly excercize? if you dont your body wont know to gain strength. if you do and you feel like this anyway i would consider talking to a doctor.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Just start slowly and practice on stairs that you can regularly access. When we moved into our townhome I wasn't used to stairs at all, and would get winded and tired. Now its no big deal to just run upstairs to grab something.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I had poor circulation due to overweight and my legs would acke after climbing the stairs....or just in the evening after being on my feet all day. Also crossing my legs while sitting made them sore.

Then I lost 30 lbs (I weighed 230, so I still need to loose another 60...), and all those symptons went away...weather it was due to less weight on my legs or better circulation due to exercise, I don't know.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010