How do I deal with my mother?

My mother has never liked my fiance and my daughter started calling him daddy. Which is good becuase she doesnt know her real father and needs a father figure in her life. Well she comes home from grandmas one day and says mommy mike is my friend not my dad grandma said so. Mike and I plan on marrying this year and any attempt mike makes to get closer to Krysta to be a dad is shot down by my mother. how can I explain to Krysta that mike will be her daddy, and grandma can not change that.

tattooed_mom86

Asked by tattooed_mom86 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You need to be clear with your mother and make her understand that she is overstepping her boundaries.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• tell mom to back the hell off or she will have to have visits with you present.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• definitely you need to make it clear that he is going to be your hubby and the father of your kid and she needs to respect that and respect you and your. . .that is totally overstepping and I wouldn't stand for it.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 9:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Explain to your dd that getting married means he becomes your partner & her daddy & no matter what anybody says that's the way it is. Talk to your mom & explain to her that she needs to be more supportive or you'll be forced to stop allowing your dd to spend unsupervised time w/ her to avoid situations like this one. Grandma needs to deal w/ whatever reasons she doesn't like him like an adult & not involve your dd. She should be the last one grandma's talking to about her dislike!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You need to deal with your mother! She should not be saying these things to your daughter.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010