castor oil?

Okay ladies I'm 38 weeks and ready to blow I am in so much pain from the baby dropping any advice. What are the pros and cons of castor oil?

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it won't induce you and you'll have the worst diarrhea you've ever had
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• it doesnt work.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• it wont work and you will be on the toilet all night.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Not a good idea. It sucks the last few weeks but you just have to suck it up for your baby. Yes, you will be in the bathroom. Just walk more and have sex more. You can also talk with your OB on how you have been feeling.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You'll basically be giving yourself diarrhea for no reason, lol. I haven't tried it, but have known others who have...and it didn't induce labor, it just made them poop their guts out.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It worked for me BUT I was already in mild labor and already dilated, it was used to progress what was already going on. If you have NO signs of labor being near, I do NOT recommend it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• The truth is that if you are ready, it can help you get labor started. If you are not ready however, it will just cause you to use the bathroom.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• castor oil is stupied to take while pregnant what ive heard.....ive heard it can cause problems with pregnancy/baby.when the babys ready she/he will come ive been told you shouldnt do anything bad to make her/him come.get down on hands and knees and clean clean,walk and sex is healthy ways
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 3:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010