Is it rare to just skip a period and have a neg. preg. test?

could there be other problems going on or should I get a blood test? i'm 13 days late...

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ever since my periods finally regulated when I was about 16, I've always skipped a month at least once a year (unless I'm on the pill). There was one time I was almost two months late, and all HPTs were negative. I called my OB, and she prescribed me progesterone to jump start my period. If it's something that persists, you're not pregnant, then you need to follow up with your doctor to rule out cysts or something else.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Hi AshJoe05, No it is rare to skip a period. Depending on your age or if your seriously stressed. But if your active with a partner and you've missed a period and have had a pos/neg test. You need to go to your local clinic and take a pregers test! Particularly a blood test. It's more acurrate. Well, I hope I helped :D Good luck chica ;0)
    MizzMamasita

Answer by MizzMamasita at 9:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It's more common than you would think. But you should still have a more accurate test taken. You can get them free at clinics like Women's Care Center (if you have some near you). Or you can go see a doctor.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I haven't had mine in almost 2 years. After I had my son, he's 25 months now, I got my period for about 3 months. And I was bleeding really bad. My doctor told me to stop taking the pill, and after I stopped taking it, my period never came back. I have endometriosis. Maybe you should go talk to your doc. it could be just a skipped period from stress or soemthing, or it could be something more serious. It's always better to be safe than sorry. GL oh, and sorry if that was tmi lol
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If I got overly stressed or something, I would skip a period sometimes. It just depends on your body chemistry, and how you react to things like stress.

If you're worried, go to the doc and demand a blood test. That should get you a definitive answer one way or the other.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I skip all the time without being knocked up. Its not an issue unless you are tttc
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 12:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I skipped periods all the time since I was about 15 and it wasn't an indication of pregnancy since I was a virgin until I was 24. LOL. BUT I did miss two periods and then had two negative pregnancy tests when I WAS pregnant ....this was when my DH and I were trying to have a baby.
    ANd, LokisMama....."DEMAND" a blood test? What the heck?Most civilized women would go and REQUEST a blood test...but, hey,what do I know.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2010