How can I improve my memory recall?

Before I had my son, I had an awesome memory. I could remember very minute details. Since having him, my memory has been shot. I have the second part of testing for a job interview. During the testing I will have to take a test on memory recall. I really want this job? How can I prepare for this?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well...remember that the reason that your memory is SHOT now (mine is too) is because you have so many things you're constantly thinking about in order to take care of your family and everything else that goes along with it. It's completely overwhelming sometimes and there probably just isn't enough room in a brain to remember everything else. lol

So, take some time to clear your mind before your test. I truly think that's the best thing you can do. Don't let thoughts about everything you need to do that day even creep into your head. Leave the house early, go somewhere that relaxes you, and try to focus on the test and nothing else.
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Omg! I have the same problem! I take Bcomplex and that helped me a lot. I also take B12. And a multi vitamin. I have a test this saturday and I don't know what to do either. Sucks for us! I only have 1 child. I tell my doc this all the time but it means nothing to her I'm sure. She tells me its normal. Good Luck!!
    rosadnr

Answer by rosadnr at 11:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You can't.
    A few weeks ago my “other” mother was telling me she saw something on CNN that said there is a chemical in our bodies that we lose as we have children. She has 8 of her own, she can’t remember anything.
    I think this is it: http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/02/05/pregnancy.memory/index.html
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It is a proven fact that you lose brain cells when you are pregnant. I remember being really upset by my lack of recall after having my first child. Mine got better once I was able to get consistent sleep, it disappeared while expecting my second and came back again. It will get better..I know that isn't much help for your interview though...I just wanted you to know you aren't alone and we feel for you. Good luck!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:20 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I took the test this morning and scored 100% on memory recall and memory recall-numeric.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2010