If YOUR ears are pierced, how did you have them done? Needle or Gun?

And how old were you?

If you weren't the one to choose to have them done or how and were to go back and have them done now, how would you choose to have them done and why?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• gun...both times ;) mine are double pierced but I don't wear any ear rings now

I was around 13 the first time I had them done and in college the second

if I were to do it again, I'd do it the same way
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 9:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Set 1 = holes at age 12. Set 2 = gun at age 33. The gun hurt like heck. The needle didn't hurt

Answer by admckenzie at 9:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• gun, 8. I was the one who chose to have them done....but seriously, I was 8....and didn't know I would grow to hate earrings..lol I NEVER wear them.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Honestly, I can't remember what they used. I think it was about 36 years ago! I remember where it was done though, it was a place called Shopper's Fair. My cousin and I both had ours done at the same time.

I stopped wearing earrings about 26 years ago, after my first child pulled on my earring. Yikes!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My regular ear piercings were with a gun when I was little. When I got my cartilage piereced (when that was actually cool I guess...lol) they did it with a needle. I would say get it with a needle because the piercing isn't sore for as long.
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I can't remember what my exact age was, maybe 8 or older. I wanted them done. Did them at Claire's in the mall w/ a gun. But I hear a needle is better so someday when my daughter is older if she wants them done I'll look into that.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• gun when I was about 4 then again when I was about 8 because the first set of holes were uneven and really low on my ears.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• A gun, and I was 4.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• gun both times, I actually had this little kid staring at me when I got my second set done. That was funny, I just smiled at him. First was at 18 and second was at 32
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Set 1 age 5 gun kinda hurt. . . not bad just a sting. . . Set 2 age 14 or so gun didn't hurt . . .Sets 3 and 4 needle age 17-19 didn't hurt and the rest misc. needle didn't hurt. . .
    I chose each time and all were done with a friend. . . it is/was a friendship commitment type deal mostly. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 9:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010