Purex 3-in-1

Products like this kind of irritate me. OK, I totally understand using it once in a while, like when you're pressed for time, and it would be nice to just toss one in there. Some people have those "ACH" moments where those extra three seconds are a lot. I get that, and may buy a pack for just that reason.

However, to use a product that is that pricey ALL the time is just unreasonable for me. What, I can't take three extra seconds to pour out a little detergent??

What do you think of the new Purex 3-in-1? I like them, think they're a good idea, I just wouldn't use them all the time.

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It isn't pricey when you think about it. Why pay 6.00 for laundry soap and another 5-6 for fabric softner for 40 loads of laundry. I pay 9 dollars for 40 loads with the purex 3 in 1. It isn't any more expensive. If you use tide you pay even more cuz tide here for 40 loads is like 17 dollars.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I wish I would have thought of them. They are too expensive for me.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• They do seem expensive until you break it down. I have to use purex free and clear because of my Kid's allergies and so when I can buy it all together it really helps.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I completely agree!!! I think it is pricey too... just pure laziness... anything to make life "easier" people are willing to do! I tried the bounce dryer bar because my hubby always forgets to put fabric sheets in the dryer and it gave me a rash!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 9:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't pay even close to those prices, but I totally understand that, carmadsmom. That's actually a better price for the purex than what I first saw. I don't use fabric softener, either, though, my husband is allergic. But maybe if he wasn't I might think about buying them if I could find them at 6 dollars. How does it smell? Can you get different kinds yet?
    MamaRae85

Comment by MamaRae85 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• They are very pricey. I got 2 as a free sample. They didnt leave a strong scent on clothes that I usually get from a detergent and dryer sheets, and I like a strong scent. But they were simple (especially in the laundrymat). Quality and price outranks convenience in this case, IMO.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I haven't used them. They're insanely expensive. It would cost me well over $100 to use them for a year, $110 assuming one load a day which is conservative. My last bucket of laundry detergent cost under a dollar to make and fabric softener isn't necessary. Once in a while I'll throw in a Downy ball of white vinegar which softens nicely and cost a few pennies. I spend less than $5 a year on laundry stuff, can't even buy one dinky little package of the Purex things for that much.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I use them all the time. I like the fact that it doesn't leave a strong scent on the clothes, especially with so many people having scent sensitivities. I like that I'm not having tons of bottles going into my recycling bin, I like not having to pour laundry soap, I like not having to remember the dryer sheet. It gets my laundry clean (and with 3 active, messy boys that's not always easy) and leaves a light scent that is not overpowering. The less time I have to spend in the laundry room, the better. Plus with my kids reaching an age where they will start doing their own laundry, it's simpler for them to throw in one sheet than me having to worry that they're using too much or not enough. And I really don't find it any more expensive than any other brand name laundry soap.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think they are stupid, and would not use.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I did use them - figured it would be worth a try... Well, I tried them 3 times and every time I ended up with a yeast infection... So No, we don't like them! I'll stick with my old "time consuming" laundry habits...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010