12-21-2012

Seen a Wife Swap the other day about a family all worried about the world ending in 2012! They had a count down, kept survival backpacks on at all times, had gas masks, and a lot of other survival gear. I was shocked at the extent this family is to and that they live with this worry and burden their children with this on a daily basis.

I am not getting all worked up about it... I rememberY2K and all the craziness along with that...

What do you believe?

mrsmamaj

Asked by mrsmamaj at 10:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no man will know when the world ends, only God knows, the rapture will come first
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• lol.....I agree with Dee, that rapture will happen first so I'll be gone before the world ends. No worries here;)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I dont buy into it. If the world ends, it ends we will not remember it. They say because the Aztec calander or something like that ends on that date...everything has to end sometme, maybe it was the time they ended and they couldn't finish anything else..
    I love Wife Swap, but I haven't seen that one yet, they changed the tv line up and now I'm all confused. I remember Y2K the grocery stores were crazy! It will be the same in 2012
    TigerBaby69

Answer by TigerBaby69 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think it's hilarious. The calendar was a cycle! a very long one, but still a cycle. They didn't feel that it needed repeating. It's like thinking the world is going to end every Dec. 31st. NO you buy a new calendar LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree with Dee.
    Noone really ever knows...we can waste a whole lot of time in our lives worrying and waiting about when it all will end..or we can just live and be happy.
    Sometimes..and I say sometimes meaning like once in a blue moon,lol..I DO think about what I would do if some kind of crazy end were to happen or great catastrophe and we werent prepared..what would I do. I think I should get some canned foos and bottles water in the basement...but the thought is as far as I've ever gotten on it,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• That is based on superstition and has no basis in fact. It gets really tiresome. And the "rapture" is only discussed and taken as truth by certain churches...not believed by any church I have ever attended. We have to allow for these fictions that are taken as truth ...but we don't all have to believe them. The Mayan Calendar and 2012 is just another fiction. NOBODY knows when the world will end. It has existed for millions of years and will probably exist for several million more.
    I have to feel sorry for thatfamily who has gone to such extents to "prepare". What a depressing way to live.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I thought the world was supposed to end in 2001?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm not worried about it at all.I try to live day to day and consider myself lucky to just get through each day.Have no time to worry about what the future may bring.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 12:25 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I believe that nobody really knows the answer. But you can't live the way the family did on Wife Swap. It will only drive you crazy. Don't let it worry you, you won't be able to live your life.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2010