Toddler birthday party with seperated parents

My daughter turns two on Sunday. Her dad and I have been broken up for over a year. We had a big 1st birthday party for her last year (two weeks after we split up). The last year has been really hard for everyone. He and I are now in a good place and getting along (much to the unhappiness of my family). I am throwing her party this year. Only family is invited. She will be the only kid. I'm hoping some one out there has ideas of something that would be fun for her and the adults at the same time. The party is only going to be an hour and a half to two hours.

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make it all about the birthday girl. Thats what the party is for anyways. Have some games, or things she can do, and have everyone watch. Try doing something like, have a journal and pass it around to each guest and have them tell why she is so special, or write her something she will enjoy looking back at later. GL, and just have fun!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Have a bbq at a local park. It keeps people from being couped up w/ people they dont necessarily like. She can play on the playground. A little something for everyone.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010