when can babies have hard boiled egg, the yolk, for a finger food?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 10:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• You can give eggs as soon as your son is ready for their consistency. No need to wait on the egg white - conventional wisdom used to say to wait on them until a year, but the AAP recently changed their recommendation and said that even the usual "allergenic" foods were okay to give children under a year and that holding off on them showed no reduction in the number of allergies to the various foods.

Answer by missanc at 11:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Personally, my son had them at about 8 or 9 months old. He loved scrambled eggs and hard boiled eggwhites. We have no food allergies in my family so the doctor was ok with it. Talk to your child's doctor and see what they say and as always watch for signs of allergies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My mom told me not to give my son any eggs until hes a year old, but I'm not sure. She did a pretty good job, I'm still alive lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think they can have the yolks around 9 months maybe even younger, but shouldn't have the egg whites till after 1 yr. I personally started giving my son scrambled eggs around 10months, we've never had any food allergies though and he did fine with them.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My daughter started eating them when she had teeth and could chew some. So like? ten months I thinks
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 2:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010