If you stopped producing milk,will your breast be ingorged?

Asked by jamieshamrock at 6:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO! I let my milk dry up and mine are not engorged!!!!

Answer by Danielle52283 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• no, you get engorged when you have a lot of milk and no baby to drink it. Are you engorged? You can PM me if you have more specific problems.

Answer by sapient at 7:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• No. What is causing the engorgement is the milk building up. Pump off the milk. If you want the milk to dry up...wrap your breast tightly with an ace bandage and you can use an ice pack for the discomfort of the milk coming in. I used a bag of frozen in forms to the body better. Also getting into the shower and "Pushing" off the release the milk helps. Try to limit how much you pump and how often ..we produce milk upon the child's needs ...if you continue to pump, you will continue to produce. If ya have any questions..we are all here for you!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Nope..didn't happen here.

• i have never been engorged at all.... but i couldnt produce any colstrum or milk either!

Answer by hendrickson at 4:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2008