How is your body image?

Mine is horrible! I'm 5'8" and have fluctuated between 120 and 145 and it doesn't matter because I still feel awful about how I look. Some days it can effect me pretty badly. : (

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 10:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm 5'6" and I weigh about 230. I dont look good in a bathing suit, but I find things that look good on me. After this baby comes out, I am going to try to lose some weight for my health, but I dont really care about how I look. Sometimes I'm like "damn I'm a cow" and then I say to myself "but those brownies are worth it" lol

You seem to be pretty thin, even excersizing and eating healthy will help you get to a better weight. Theres much more to you than your looks and if you focus on that, and when you start feeling better in general, your body will too and you will start to look like you want to. Set a goal and stay with it.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i'm 5' and usually about 125. i'm pregnant right now so i think i look cute. i never feel bad about my body, if it starts to get me down i start exercising and eating better. dh is the only person i give a crap what they think, and he loves me no matter what.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Ummm...mine's not bad. I mean, I suffered from eating disorders for almost 5 years, so it used to be horrible...even though I had an amazing body then). I was obsessed with being beautiful. I let go of that when I met my husband, and gained about 15 lbs, and had stayed there until I had my son. I still have 7 lbs until my pre-pregnancy weight, and I honestly don't worry about it anymore. My body isn't perfect, but it's healthy, and my husband likes it. I'm about 5'5" and 140, maybe a few lbs more before my period, lol. I'm not crazy about my stomach and stretch marks, but they're fading, and I have an amazingly beautiful little boy to show for them. I think my perfect stomach was a pretty good trade for what I got. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Kinda' yucky.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm 5'8" and 220 pounds and most of the time don't care. I mean, though I'm pregnant at the moment, I had been trying to lose weight and will continue to do so after the baby comes, but I'm fine with myself. For one thing, my husband likes me a little on the big side, lol. At least he like the butt and boobs I have like this. I guess I've never really care very much about looks, and have been happy with myself as a person. Now, I don't like how big I am, but I'm ok with it.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• lol i'm with Adelicious. especially right now. i had an ice cream cone for desert....had to loosen my jeans a bit after that lol. i'm 5'3 a size 12, depending on the brand. i can never find time to work out these days. *sigh*
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm not happy about the way my body looks, but I don't think I look that bad anymore and I think that's because I've lost 13 lbs and I feel better since I really started working out. My body feels great which does wonders for me mentally.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have had body issues since i was 14 maybe even younger. you know its an everyday battle somedays are good others are bad im 5'6 weight 140 and wear a size 3 in pants and S in shirts no matter what size i am i am never happy the only advise i have is take it day by day. if you ever want to talk msg me:]
    Italiana88

Answer by Italiana88 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Mine's pretty good. It's amazing how subjective it is. Like, if I choose less healthy options one day (food, laziness), I will look in the mirror and not be impressed. But right after a run the very next day, I will look in the mirror and think Damn I'm hot lol! And of course I'm looking at the exact same body!

Great question, with some great answers!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Great, but only after lots of hardwork! I am 4'11" and 114lbs. I got up to 182lbs when I was pregnant, and then was down to about 135lbs after a few months. It took me a few months of hard core working out and eating healthy to lose that last 20lbs, but I feel great and love working out.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2010