OPINIONS PLEASE: what do you think of danilah? like delilah, only with an N instead of L. nickname would be dani. do you like it better as duh-neye-luh (long I sound) or duh-nay-luh (long A sound)

danilah or danaela/danayla?
would there be a better spelling?
do you like the name? how about the nickname dani? (just like the boy name danny)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Baby Names

• I don't really like it. I do like Dani as a nickname for a girl, though.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I personally don't love it, but It's not horrible. I can't imagine anyone pronouncing the long "i" without being told. Dani is cute.
    To me, this is how I would pronounce them if I just saw them in writing:

danilah= dan-EE-lah
    danaela= dan-AY-lah (although it would be easy to get it mixed up with Daniella if I read it quickly)
    danayla= dan-AY-lah or maybe dan-EYE-lah
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When I first read it, I thought dun-il-lah, (short i) Rhymes with Vanilla.
    I don't like it. Why not just use Daniella?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Don't like it, sorry.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would pronounce that more dan-ee-lah, either way its kinda nice, original
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• For a female, yes I love it. A bit unique and I love unique names, those children always grow up so strong of will. Hate it for a boy though! Danayla sounds best to me and less chance of people pronouncing it wrong when they read it! I hate when people pronounce my sons name wrong (Rhett) even though it seems pretty self-explanatory to me.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i also read it as du-nil-ah (vanilla) hmmm i tried typing different variations, but i kept coming up with it sounding like vanilla..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I THINK ANY NAME THAT YOU HAVE TO SPEND LINES AND LINES EXPLAINING HOW IT SOUNDS IS GOING TO BE A BURDEN ON YOUR KID. I WOULD LOOK INTO DIFFERENT OPTIONS.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sorry, I think it's terrible! It looks made up. And isn't nearly as pretty as the name Delilah. And when you say it there's an emphasis on DENY-la.
    Are you looking for a name that you can use the nn Dani? There are other real names you could use...
    Danira (Da-ni-ra)
    Dania (Da-nia)
    Danielle (dan-yell)
    Daniela (dan-yella)
    Danae (Dah-nay)

Danayla is a real name... it's Greek and sounds similar to Makayla. Da-nay-lah.... with the long "a" like you said.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I dont like either :(
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2010