I swear some people don't understand...

I am currently pregnant and having issue gaining weight I just keep loosing! I was told by a couple friends say that is exciting. Being pregnant you suppose to gain you got lucky loosing. It isn't a good thing and I want to gain does no one understand that if I am not gain then my child isn't getting what it needs. Which means it can lead to other issues for my little one. Heart problems, growth problems, Breathing and more. Some women act since a friend got lucky and baby had no issues they wont either that isn't how it works. Does anyone else understand this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm glad you're smart about this. I totally understand. Women who are happy to lose weight while pregnant are TOTALLY thinking of themselves, not the baby! When you're pregnant is the BEST time to gain weight! Hope you're able to gain some, mama! Those girls are just immature and selfish, and if they said that to me I would give them a look of stricken horror like they were criminals or something! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It depends on how you are now. If you are a skinny little thing, its not good. eat 24/7. When i was pregnant with my son, my weight did not change at all, meaning i lost fat and gained baby lol. when he came out i dropped 30lbs instantly. if you are overweight its good that you are losing. If you are concerned talk to your doctor, and see a nutritionist.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I understand and I agree with xmama. I was overweight before pregnancy and lost weight during pregnancy. At full term, I'd gained only about 10 lbs. The doctor monitored me the whole time. And yes, I lost fat but the baby did gain weight. Check with your OB/GYN.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I lost or maintained my weight with all three of my perfectly healthy boys. Losing weight isn't bad for all women, my Dr's told me not to gain weight. What's important isn't if you gain or lose or how much, but what your baby is getting and why you are losing. I lost because all I wanted to eat was healthier foods, junk food nauseated me. So when I was losing I was actually giving my babies better nutritition. And I felt and looked way better than my friend who gained a lot of weight with her pregnancy. Nutrition is more important than numbers on a scale.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I lost a ton oof weight with my son and my doctor never had a problem with it. like the pp said it's not about how much you gain or lose its about how the baby thrives. Right before I had my son I weighed 20lbs less then before pregnancy and lost 10 \lbs when I had him. My son was perfectly healthy and is a monster now!. haha
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010