Would you marry someone if this was the alternative?

My fiance's family like owns half our town. They have connections to EVERYONE...literally. We have a 1 year old son and set a wedding date for next summer. However I'm pretty sure I don't love him anymore. The physcial attraction to him is pretty much gone, and emotionally I don't feel a whole lot either. He's a good guy, takes care of me and our son...I know he loves us. However, friends let slip some information that his parents disclosed. Saying that if it doesn't work out with us, they are going to pull every string they have to make sure my fiance gets full custody and that I have to pay him back every cent he's given me since we've been engaged. I'm afraid with all their connections and bribery, they just might be able to do that. So I'm thinking that a life somewhat unhappily with my fiance is better than the hell I'm going to be put through if we don't get married, not to mention what will happen to my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you need to find a good lawyer.... However if there was really a possibility of losing my son if I didn't marry, I'd marry anyone! Keep this is mind though, if they would steal him like that, whats to stop them from turning him away from you later on? You may lose your son anyway, even if you did marry the guy.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 12:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Never marry a man that you do not love.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 11:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• what a bunch of scumbags. i wouldnt marry into a horrible family like that. dont be miserable because you are scared. leave him and fight him. he cant take your baby unless you are crazy or a crackhead freak, even then its hard.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 11:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• OMG. I wish you luck in whatever you decide. They would be the In-Laws from Hell, don't you think ?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• How long have you been together? Emotions ebb and flow. Not "feeling" in love with someone right now doesnt really mean too much. How long have you felt this way?
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I know it would be hard. But if you marry someone you don't love, you'll spend your whole life suffering, leave and fight.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think if you feel like that now it will only increase in time, the feelings of not loving him etc. Just because his parents say that doesn't mean he feels that way. If he's a good guy he will understand and coparent with you. Talk to him, tell him you feel more friends with him than being in love at this point and feel him out.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No I would not marry him. That family may own the whole town but they would be nothing up against federal or family court. Get out of there.
    janel123

Answer by janel123 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2010