Have a relative die suddenly, or know it is coming?

Personally, I would rather a sudden death. Yes, you would not get to say your goodbyes, but you would not have to see them suffer. Either way it is hard.

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in

• I have lost a relative both ways and I would much rather have the time to tell them one last time that I love them, to say that final goodbye. One of the greatest regrets in my life is not being able to say goodbye to my mom.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Know it's coming. I'd need the time.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My first husband died suddenly...he drown in front of me.... his and my son also died...that we kind of knew was coming...he was addicted to drugs...both were hard ...but I think if you have some kind of warning...it helps a bit...cause you can say things to them...hug them extra hard....you Love them...ya know
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 11:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Know its coming. I think when people die suddenly, there's a lack of closure that kind of hangs around for a long time. Also, what if you were on bad terms or in a spat with that relative when they died? At least if you know its coming, you can patch things up if they are bad and come to terms with it. And not everyone is suffering when they know they are going to die.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I saw my husband's grandfather waste away ever since we had met. It was hard on him and hard on all the family. I would rather it at least be quicker than that. I would like a little time to say good bye, but if it was between suddenly and years of sickness, I'd say suddenly.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Know it is coming!! I knew my Dad was dying when I was 29 and he died when I was 30!! I knew my mother was dying when I was 39 and she died when I was 40!! I also knew when most all of my aunts and uncles died and it just made it better for me!!!
    Jesussaves58
    Billie Mae58
    jesussaves58

Answer by jesussaves58 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Know what is coming
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Know it's coming (then again, depends on the relative) KIDDING.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 12:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'd rather know it's coming so that I can come to terms with it slowly.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'd rather know...that's just me...I've been through both various times and prefer knowing
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

Next question in
Pizza OR Burgers?

Next question overall (Relationships)
Is there a group for military wives?j