WHY?!

Do people have kids when they have no business doing so?! There are people having kids to get more money from the government, people having kids to keep their men, people having kids because they are too dumb to use protection. What ever happened to planning pregnancies and wanting babies just because you wanted them? When did children become things that are a means to making you more money, or getting you what you wanted? What is wrong with people?!

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• you just ansered the question yourself, money, government aid, ect. it makes me sick!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Damn fine question! But, I have no idea why people treat having a kid the same as getting a pet fish. They are also the ones who get confused and angry when the kids require a lot more care than a goldfish and are still there after a month! I don't think you'll get an answer to that question.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Selfishness and stupidity
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 11:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree with you. Children are no longer humans beings born into this world to love, protect, and nurture. They are just pawns in the game of life to get you want you want and where you need to go. Its really sad. But that's what happens when you raise a generation of self absorbed, spoiled, brats.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Babies arent supposed to be planned they are not projects. And people get assistance because the US government is a pile of shit that instead of making jobs and building communities in the middle of nowhereland (midwest), they let drug dealers and lazy people sit on their ass for free. Some people actually do need help, like families who have been abandoned by fathers, or even mothers. single parents that work their asses off and even then there isnt enough money. Just because you sit on it doesnt mean everyone has it. I mean, if you have a bunch of kids that you cant support shame on you, but one or two that you are trying your hardest to, then you're doing it right.

Having babies to keep a lover is dumb ass hell, I agree.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 11:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• you just described a girl i went to school with and use to be friends with! she was dumb, young, trying to keep her man, and thought it would get her more money from the gov. 3 of her 4 kids ended up in gov care and then adopted by another family. the state made her get her tubes tied.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• this is why I plan to adopt in the next few years. Although my first born was an unexpected blessing, I am a much better woman because of it. I look forward to finding a child who was born into a crappy situation and giving them the love, care, and attention they (as well as every child) deserve.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• well I can say from experience that having kids soley for goverment aid will not work out well. Whatever aid you can get, is nowhere near what the child needs. If any parent finds it sufficient, they are just neglectful. Yes, I proudly take advantage of the services offered in my state, but it is super difficult now to put anything over on SS. They require documentation for everything!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• xmama, I LIVE in "nowhereland" and the government is NOT making jobs and building communities! And I am not saying to PLAN like a project, duh, I am saying to WANT a child before you (oops) have one. And for those single parents, especially mothers I know they are working hard as hell to help their families, but I have issues with these mothers popping out one or two more kids to make more money off of them.
    HuskerMommy08

Comment by HuskerMommy08 (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm kind of torn on this topic because I don't think its really as simple as it seems. I agree these reasons for having kids are really not good ones, but people are so complex. Saying that a woman that gets pregnant to keep a man is stupid, without knowing the situation is pretty judgemental, I mean there are probably some woman that are plotting it out (like my brothers gf - which was stupid on both their parts because he knew I told him) There are other women that probably don't even consciously realize they are doing it, emotional issues that cause these types of situations are evident, Teenage girls or women even trying to find love in the wrong places because they don't get it at home, having babies young because they think it will be unconditional love, not all peole have the ability or knowledge to make wise decisions. Everything really starts with education and imo I don't think their's enough of it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010