Have you bought furniture From JC Penney? ever any problems?

Just checking to see if its just me. I have spent $$ over the past 15 years or so on furniture in all rooms in my house. There has been problems with Delivery, damage, wrong thing ordered with every piece I have ever received. I just got a new TV console and they sent the wrong hardware. I call them up to just have a new set sent and they act like its a big deal . Had to have the salesperson call for me and he ended up having a whole new table sent out . my couch came one time in the wrong color. I can't afford not to shop there as i am a JCP employee, but I really wonder how the furniture dept makes any money.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 11:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Shopping

• Don't feel bad, my parents own a furniture repair business, and subcontract for different companies, and they keep sending the wrong parts to fix damages from deliveries, or broke pieces, etc. It's seriously a joke lately.. which is why they started a second business in Boats.

But really.. it depends on the manufacturer more than the place you buy it at.. most stores are reliable for the piece after it leaves shop, they typically deal with the manufacturer after that. That's not always the case.. sometimes the companies will take responsibility, and typically those are the companies you want to buy from.. like Rosa's.

I'm not sure of JCPennie's business policies.. since we don't deal typically with their manufacturers.. so check with them, and talk to the store manager about their policies on warranties, damages incurred during delivery, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• oh, sorry, I just read the rest of it. lol.

I would definitely be talking to the manager about these problems.. the more that is complained the more likely they are to try to correct the problem..

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• you can also call the manufacturers directly as well, and complain. They will typically send someone out to deal with JCPennies, and you can keep anon..
    xxhazeldovexx

• Wow. I've ordered bedrooms sets for my kids and a dinette set from JCP over the years. I had no problems with any of the steps. I'm sorry you're having troubles.

Furniture in general has a very high mark-up. I wouldn't worry about whether they are making money. If their furniture dept. stops being profitable, JCP will simply stop selling furniture.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Not the best furniture in the world but it is affordable. I bought my kids furniture there and it lasted through their childhoods but eventually got trashed.

You might try the thrift shops - people are giving away the stuff because they are moving and downsizing. I notice TONS of furnture at goodwill, etc.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2010