would you let your kids live with their dad??

OK! I have two kids by my ex-hubby. well i am now remarried with one more kid..lol So my kids stay with me for a week and then go to his house with him and his "about to pop wife.he doesn't pay me anything and me and his wife get along really good. (like talk on the phone for three hours during the day) Is there anything wrong with that. My WHOLE family thinks that i am crazy for being so close with HER, but to me she is the primary caregiver to my children WHY wouldn't... Can i live the next atleast 18 years like this or will this eventually be a hassle?? The agreement was that the kids LIVE with me and they Visit Dads, and we both have to live in the same county together. thats it cut and dry. Well the problem with this whole situation is that my hibby has a job offer is ND so what do i do take my kids from their (good) dad or leave them behind. or not go

Cajuntexan03

Asked by Cajuntexan03 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wow. What does your gut say? How would your kids feel? Do they feel comfortable living with them pretty much full time? Can you live with it? Does your present husband need to take the job? I'd say not go if you can.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You may not be able to take them even if you want to. Your best bet would be to check with the courts to find out what your options are.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If I were in your situation, I don't think I could leave them. I guess I would have to go with my gut. You obviously trust your ex-husband's wife, so that's not the issue. They would be safe, but could you handle not seeing them as often? That would be the main thing you would need to address within yourself.
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 12:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No my hubby does not have to take the job and i don't want want to leave my kids or my husbands family. thank you for all your help i really needed the advise. i know we need the money but i need my kids more and you know to be honest i can't take my kids away from their dad. i don't want to go
    Cajuntexan03

Comment by Cajuntexan03 (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2010