Do you let your lawn got brown in summer?

I just can't afford a high water bill and it just seems like wasting to me. Although I do like to walk barefoot in nice soft green grass.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 11:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Sorry, but I let it go brown. We have spent the past few summers in a severe drought, so no watering.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I was told to use lots of fertilizer. and not to water too much
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Ours is a little brown now, we have patches that get brown so we can water if we remember to get up early enough.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We don't water our lawn, never have. We water the food garden, but never the lawen. Our lawn is mostly crabgrass & weeds (wild clover, wild strawberries & wild violets) anyway, but we don't care, it's all green, and the weeds are very healthy right now, as they don't need as much water as grass does.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Before we moved, we never water anything more than the garden. Now we live on base and try to keep our lawn fertilized and watered.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• the back yard gets watered from the kids spraying each other down all the time :) the front well if its not raining, its BROWN :)
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Depends on where you live, if you need to water in the summer. Some places do not even have drip irrigation, as the rainfall is enough to keep the grass green during the warm months. Also, some HOAs include yard maintenance guidelines in their CCand Rs.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010