For those of you that voted for John McCain in the '08 election:

Would you vote for him again? What if it were Obama vs. McCain again.? Or would you try to promote a third party and see someone else get elected?

Laura2U

Asked by Laura2U at 11:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• A third party vote doesn't have to be a vote for Obama. More people need to get away from that line of thinking so that we can break down the two party system for good. I voted third party, and I would do so today as well. There is another choice other than "the lesser of two evils". Of course, maybe all the smaller parties just need to combine resources, find a candidate, and put everything and every vote into that person. That could be the only way third party candidate has a chance, at least for now.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would vote for him again rather than Obama. A third party vote is a vote for Obama.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I was curiuos,. out of all the candidates, who would they have rather seen on the ballot ...if McCain didn't win the nomination?

***
    Of those Republican candidates that made it to the Primary round, I think Mitt Romney would have at minimum, given Obama a run for the money--and viewed by voters as the stronger, more effective and experienced candidate during the Town Hall debates--you know, since voters seem to be drawn to candidates who are good looking, a smooth talker, and possess a nice smile!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:11 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Agree with carpy.McCain is a RINO and hes showing it more and more with each day but i'd rather put up with a RINO for a few years than what we have now.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I didn't vote, but in retrospect, i would've voted McCain.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Didn't vote McCain so no I wouldn't vote for him if he was running in 2012. I voted for Chuck Baldwin in 2008.... Would have voted for Ron Paul.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree with Carpy.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would;ve voted Paul
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• John McCain had my vote until he picked his running mate. He would need to choose wisely, rather than unwisely this time around.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would have voted third party.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2010