Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So sad ( need advice on how to get rid of these feelings)

My cousin was married to this nice woman, they had 2 sons and ended up getting divorced. He is honestly a d*ck , he cared more about having young girlfriends, taking vacations and living a "modern " life... While she got a good job, bought a cute little house and was an extremely wonderful mother... She passed away in a car accident in November. He has the boys now and is now engaged to a b*tch, they both act like the boys are a chore and it is obviouse to anyone that is how they feel. A couple weeks ago the youngest boy was talking to my grandma and was saying how he isnt happy because he has to ask permission to do everything and they never get to play sports or play with friends anymore and are always alone, and that he misses his mom because she never treated them like that... It is just so sad to hear and I am still upset over hearing that I even think about it everynight, what can I do ?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I don't think you should try to get rid of the feelings. It is appropriate and healthy to feel sad for children in an unfortunate situation. Think of it this way: If it were your kids in that situation and your cousin felt sad for them, what would you want her to do? Probably you would be thankful someone cared enough to hurt for them. but don't stop there. Maybe you can't do anything to change the family dynamics, but you could do things to bring them joy: care packages, a fun visit to your place, notes.... If I were you, that's where I would start. Let those kids grow up with some bright spots and come to adulthood knowing someone loved them enough to go out of her way for them. Good luck!

    Answer by Adelicious at 11:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Can the boys come visit you or grandma for the summer?

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Oh...I don't know. So sad :( I have no advice for this situation, but I hope things get better for the children.

    Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • i would get dhs involved because i am kind of nuts? idk... that Is really sad. poor kids. kids be with someone who loves them not with someone who is blood relation.

    Answer by MoMoFu at 11:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • I think it is too early for him to get remarried. It hasn't even been a year! I think he needs to step back and have a chance for his family to grieve before even considering some other woman to be the kids mother. It doesn't sound like the kids have had a chance to recover from their own grief before their Dad gets serious. Then again, it doesn't sound like he's even thinking about the kids. Does he even pay any attention to his kids? Why don't you spend some time with them. It sounds like they need to get out of the house more, or even your Grandmother could spend some time with them. It sounds like they could use it.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2010