How did you meet you military husband?

Did you know him prior to him joining military? Did you meet him while he was in the military (if so, how)? Online? Out around town?
What made you marry him or be with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I met my husband while he was in the military. I actually lived 3 hours from the base, but my cousin was in the same unit with him and introduced us. I married him for the same reason I would have married a non-military person...because I love him. Has nothing to do with the uniform.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My SO is active duty career military. I met him when he got stationed to our area. He was lonely and was sending out IM's to every female in 3 counties (or so it seemed). I agreed to meet him in real life and that was it for me. He rocked my world and still does.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I went to high school with my hubby. I started dating him after he was in the Navy though.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 11:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My husband and I met in the Marine Corps. We were married about a year later, and 8 months after that had our son!! The Marine Corps is the best thing to happen to me!!! Gave me a career, met my husband, which led to my amazing son!! :)
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 11:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• oh, danielle, we all know you like a man in military threads ;)
    i met my hubs AFTER the military, so i don't know if i qualify. he was married while in the military, he met her in high school and they got married right before basic training. after he got out, they got divorced. met me a few years later, and we met at a church function. so if i don't count, the hubs' ex does, i guess lol.
    btw, you military wives? i respect the hell out of you, because of the things you go through. you're not on the front lines, you're at home with your babies, trying to keep it all together. that to me is brave, if not braver, than anyone in the field fighting. i don't think i could handle it if dh had to ship out again.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 4:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2010