How do you feel about what is in the premade food in the store?

with all the chemicals and junk that put in foods that are premade, such as Hamburger helper, any boxed good and stuff in the freezer that you open, cook an serve.

kat868

Asked by kat868 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Health

• I try my hardest not to eat any of it. The sodium levels in most of that stuff is out of the roof, besides the hfcs and other random "preservatives" that are in them.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 11:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I hardly ever get premade food. I cook almost everything from scratch.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have a recipe for homemade hamburger helper that I make... cheap and good. It' s on my blog if you want the link...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have the recipe from my recipe site.
    kat868

Comment by kat868 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I try not to eat it. If I make homemade hamburger helper or homemade pizza, I find my kids eat it. If I make Hamburger Helper, they pick at it. A loaf of homemade bread has flour, yeast, sugar, water, milk, butter, a teaspoon of salt and that is it. A cheap loaf of bread has over 20 ingredients. Do I cook from scratch 100% of the time and never use boxed foods? Of course not. I have HH and boxed macaroni and cheese in my cabinets. I just have not used them in over a year.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2010