How many months of trying before asking for

We are wanting to get pregnant soon. It's just the right time. We are on month 2 but I'm just wondering how many months did you try naturally before asking for Clomid? or any help from the Doctor?

I know my gyno did offer to help if in a "few" months we were not successful, or when we were ready for help.

Lindsey1118

Asked by Lindsey1118 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I never asked for that, but i've heard of people going for like 8 months before trying anything. Good luck!
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 11:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Look up Vitex. I swear by it. Its an Herb that is suppose to regulate your menstrual cycles, and then help you to get pregnant. I took it for 3 months and I was pregnant. Your only suppose to take it for like no more then 6 months. BUt please do research, I havent read or heard anything negative on it but not everything is for everyone.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• ok, i tried vitex and got the worst headaches ever. not to say everyone will but i tried it and it didn't work for me. so we were trying for 6 months before asking my dr, but she said because of my age that i have nothing to worry about. you see i'm only going to be 21 in October, so my dr thinks it's no big deal that i haven't gotten pregnant yet. i disagree. they have tested me for everything, and I'm "normal" but i don't really know what there definition of normal is. if normal means i only got 1 period since stopping BCP in july 09 then finally getting another period this July 1st.....then i guess i am normal. i'm going to be switching dr's soon....

well any way, it really depends on age and what your dr thinks is best....
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• also you should try tracking your ovulation using the OPK....this website is awesome: www.early-pregnancy-tests.com because clomid will only help if your not ovulating.

also try the instead soft cups....to help keep all his little swimmers in the right area.
    http://www.softcup.com/
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Emily Ann What birth Control were you on.. I know I was on depo for one shot but it messed with me so bad. Like When I finally got a period after being on it, I thought I was like a New woman.. sounds funny but some Birth control can and will mess with your body. I am 21 as well.. Vitex didnt give me headaches, even though I naturally suffer from Migranes pretty bad. But I do know that it is the reason i am Pregnant
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:13 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We tried for over three years, then we spent a year documenting EVERYTHING about my cycle, when we tried, etc and then we requested help.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 2:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My first was a surprise. The 2nd took 2 years of trying and I went to the Dr at about 1 year into trying. Have been trying for #3 for 2 years and went to the Dr. about 3 months into trying because of the past difficulty and my age and just started Clomid last month. Good luck! : )
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010