If you had a nice cheap wedding what did you do or going to do?

paurad

Asked by paurad at 11:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• We went to Napa and had a quiet wedding at a beautiful little hotel. It was very nice.
    janel123

Answer by janel123 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I went to the courthouse with my now husband and about 4 friends. We paid $113.00. Our friends bought us a hotel room overlookin the ocean and we walked the beach that night. It was the best $113 I have ever spent. Always thought I wanted a huge princess wedding, until I realized all the money we were then able to use to buy a house and now we are living comfortably!!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 11:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I printed coloring sheets and bundled crayons for the children. We also did a candy bar for our favors (a bunch of different candies put into jars bought at second hand shops. I made my own flyers for the reception (I cant think of what they are really called- I have baby brain really bad right now...).
    There are a lot of groups for wedding planning on here, too.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Well the easiest thing to do would be plan ahead -- we had a December wedding and I wish we had planned ahead and bought all the Christmassy decorations the year before on clearance. We did pretty good with coupons, borrowing lights from friends, and doing comparison shopping though. Borrowing decorations friends have is always easy though. We borrowed Christmas trees to decorate with blue and white lights, plus ribbon, and did simple things like that.

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• small church wedding. no tuxes for men just black pants and white shirt (suit for DH-already had it but not needed), my cousin my maid of honor already had a purple colored dress, had a local cake maker- cheaper and better, a local DJ- not a huge company cheaper and better, rented the local VFW (veterans of foreign wars) for reception- not fancy but plenty big! you can also do your own food /sandwiches or just do a cake, nuts mints, and punch, also i did my invites/announcements at office max - THEY WERE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I did a potluck and got a second hand dress. I made the main dishes and ordered desserts. I had people bring dishes they were proud of in lieu of gifts. It was fun, and cost under 300 bucks.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We went to the Bahamas and were married on the beach for $750 (ceremony, licenses, photographer, and cake all included.) When we got home we had a small reception with close friends and family. All in all, we spent about $200 getting married. That doesn't include airfare or hotel, but I don't think those count anymore than you would count the cost of a honeymoon in a traditional wedding.
    looselylucid

Answer by looselylucid at 12:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We had a wedding for about 200 people, with just all the "trimmings" for about $6000, I guess that's not "cheap" but compared to most others, it really is. I did get things a little cheaper because I'm a wedding planner and we did a lot by ourselves, but most of what we did anyone can do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'm getting married in October of this year and a lot of the more expensive things I have family making/doing it. My brother is making our invitations and programs. My SIL is doing our bridal shots and helping with other things. I bought my cake topper off ebay for $7. I bought my bridesmaids lotion from Bath and Body Works for less than $8 (i have 6 bridesmaids), then I bought each one of them a heart necklace off of ebay....each necklace was less than $2....with no shipping. I'm making my own bouquets (haven't decided if they are going to be real or fake) I found a website that sells real flowers and they ship them to you...cheaper than getting read made bouquets from a florist. We rented a pavilion at the local park and we're decorating very cheaply...with just fabric and table cloths. We also have an idea for a center piece using molding from LOWE'S.
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 12:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2010