Potty Training help needed...

My 3 year old daughter is afraid to go poo in the toilet!!! Any advise?

witmerch

Asked by witmerch at 11:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think it's pretty normal.

Be patient, and try bribery. :) Has she said why she's afraid? Is it recent or has she always been afraid? Does it hurt her?
    You could try to get her to read a book while she's on it so she's not thinking about it so much.
    Also try a little floor potty. Maybe the big potty is intimidating to her right now.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 12:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I trained my oldest daughter at 2 yrs 4 months old. She started on a little cushy seat floor potty and it was no big deal, but she was very petite so when we started using the big potty she would tense up- she felt like she was gonna fall in if she let go of the seat- but she warmed up to it, then one day she had a very large, very solid bm that splashed her little bottom when it hit the water and it scared the daylights out of her! She used to potty again til almost 3 and a half years old. Now we just put a sheet or two ot toilet paper in the water prior to pooping and it doesn't splash up! If she's comfortable on the potty chair, just keep using it until she's ready. She may not be able to tell you why just yet, but be patient!! I know cleaning those little potty chairs is a pain, but for long term potty success- its worth it!! :) Good luck!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 3:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2010