Is it a bad idea to wanna be a waitress at a strip club, or gentlemen's club when I'm a mother!?

I get hit on and checked out at my current job all the time, so I figure I mind as well make a lil extra cash out of it... I'm just worried it may look bad, come back to haunt me, or something like that....

MissTyphani

Asked by MissTyphani at 6:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• Well, it isn't the best idea,but,hey, to each their own and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do
    Anonymous

• Honey if it pays the bills and feeds your kids and of course is Legal you do what you have to. Just don't flaunt it or talk about it in front of your kids, and all should work out fine. But there is also the life of a dancer, waitress, the lime lite that goes with it. You have to know one hundred percent what kind of club you are getting into first, do they sale drugs on the side, or hook out of the club. I know a couple of girls now that work at a High Dollar Club in Atlanta (a place where you would never imagine this happening and they do!) Even though they are not directly involved in these things it has been asked of them. Be carefull of your club choices!
    Anonymous

• IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE U WORK U MAY ALWAYS GET HIT ON. I AGREE WITH THE 1ST ANSWER... AT LONGS U DONT MIX UP THE 2 THINGS U SHOULD BE FINE. CAUSE TIMES R HARD & IF U NEED TO TAKE CARE OF UR CHILD JUST DO IT FOR NOW DONT MAKE A LIVING OUT OF IT CAUSE ITS ALWAYS SOMETHING BETTER.
    MykhiMommy

Answer by MykhiMommy at 7:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I personally would not work in a place like that. My husband would not be comfortable with it either. If that is what you have to do to pay the bills fine, but dont get caught up with all the BS that comes from people in that type of environment.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 7:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I used to be a stripper a long time ago. I know how it feels to struggle with money and trying to take care of a child. As long as your waitressing in a legal club, your all good. You shouldn't feel bad by doing it, especially if your just waitressing. If it's paying the bills and no one else is helping you pay for anything then no one should be judging you on where you work. Your focus is your child/children and thats all that matters. There are a lot of mothers I know that do what they have to do in order to take care of house and home and don't ever let ANYONE, no matter who it is make you feel ashamed of what you do. And if you want to talk more about it, please feel free to add me as a friend. I have been there....
    Sexymom75

Answer by Sexymom75 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Working in those clubs is not a bad thing. What's bad are the women who turn tricks. If you don't do that then it's all good. All that matters is how you feel about it. If you don't feel good doing it then don't do it. But if you're fine with it then go ahead. I stripped once (ameteur night...was trying to get a job there) and it was so much fun! I've also worked doing phone sex. Not as much fun but good money nonetheless. I did both while being a mother.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Growing up, we had a friend whos mom was a stripper and and he got picked on about it alot
    Anonymous

• If you are asking this question...you already know the answer.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• For each its own baby. Who are we to judge? If u need the extra cas, go for it but if u really don't need it, don't bother. Just my 2 cents
    Rage419

Answer by Rage419 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• If you're asking than I get the impression that you may have a feeling it's not the best thing to do. Just think about how it will reflect upon you down the road in years to come and how it will impact your children (so sad from comment above about being picked on). Good luck. It's a tough situation to be in.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 10:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2008