Would you ever yell or raise your voice to your boss?

I ask this, because one of my employees actually did yell at me yesterday after I asked her to do something, and it was a perfectly reasonable request. Was quite surprised about it. Have you ever yelled at your boss? I know I have been tempted to but never have!

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 12:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• i have only if they were being rude. and then i quit. lol

they put me on the spot in front of customers i was like 16 or something and made fun of me ... evena custome tried to step in. I went off on him (he was a fill in manager) and i walked out. my mom found out and went in there and yelled at him too. the next day the GM called me and apologized and asked if i would come back.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Only if I planned to be fired or quit. :-)
    I've done it before. I've said quite a few things to bosses before, but only after I had another job lined up.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• GIRL DONT TAKE NO SHIT FROM YOUR BOSS , BITCH AT HIS ASS IF U HAVE TOO OR SOMETHING !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 12:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• There has been times when I've wanted to, but I never have and I know I never would.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• never actually yelled..but ive spoken loudly at her..but only because she got mad at me and another co worker for talking....even tho i was asking a question that was totally work related..and she came over and started yelling at us to get to work, stop chatting etc..and i said ACTUALLY im asking a WORK RELATED question, so i just ONE MORE minute!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• LOL lightbulbe. I believe SHE is the boss.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i wouldn't, no, even though my boss is a friend too. But my co-workers throw 3 yr old fits around him and he backs down. afraid of women i guess
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 12:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Sure have, just as I would to anyone if they offended me!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• lol I just leave if i feel like raising my voice or getting to upset. i am not good with confrontation though. in my mind i have blown up my ex bosses tho lol...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yup I did it once and got written up for it and it was well worth it. I had told my boss of an issue for months and she ignored me over and over I tried to talkt o her about it I had emails to back up that i had tried to talk to her about it and time and again she told me i was wrong or that it was being handled. We had an aduitor come in and he found the exact same problem i had been trying to alert her to for months. she then turned ot me in front of the auditor and told me to explain, as if it was my fault . after the auditor left she yelled at me in front of staff and then i let her have it back i told her she had ignored the problem and was only now worried because of the auditor and i would not take the blame for her falling down on her job. Yup it was ugly and we had the entire staff watching.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2010