When your children were born, were you and your husband or SO have a hard time coming up with a name for your baby?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Baby Names

• Nope, my son I had already picked before we got together. (DH is not biological dad). When I became pregnant the second time we made a deal. If it was a girl it was Annabelle ( i've loved the name for years) Courtney (daddy's middle name). If it was a boy, I told him if he would let me give the boy the middle name Eugene (a good friend of mine that was killed overseas) he could pick the first name, he picked Sean. Well we had a girl. We became pregnant a third time shortly after, and he stuck to the boy name Sean Eugene, and we decided if it was a girl we would name her Brieana (after my father Brian) Jean ( my family middle name). Later we got to thinking and thought we might switch the boy to Sean Duane (His dads middle name) Well we had another girl so haven't had to decide. We plan to try one more time for Sean, and the middle name may be difficult to choose,as much as I loved my friend, I'll probably give in to Duane :)
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• hmm no. when we found out the gender it didn't take long after that.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Not with our first, but with this one for sure. My husband WOULD NOT discuss names with me AT ALL. It annoyed him. Finally I got him to talk about it with me and he had been saying he didn't like the name i had all but picked for this baby lol. Well, I convinced him and now our baby is named!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes very much so, I had had a female name picked out since I was a teen but SO hated it. We did agree on another female name shortly after we found I was prego but could not agree on a male name at all. We went with the one single name we both finally agreed on about a week before our son was born. I despise common names (really hate alot of them!) and does not like weird ones like I do so it was tough for us.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Nope, I had the name picked out way before I got pregnant...at least for a boy. I guess it's a good thing I had a boy. I only now know what I want to name a girl if I have one.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Not with our first or second, but our third was hard. We had both a boys name and a girls name picked out for our first well before the due date for our first. We recycled the girls name when we were expecting our second and had a fairly easy time with a boys name as well. But this last one was tough. We picked a new girls name with some helpful suggestions from our oldest son, but didn't have a boys name until after my due date. All three were boys, so it's lucky that we did finally choose a boys name for our last son. My sis didn't choose my niece's name until the day after she was born.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• it was very easy to come up with our dd name, Makaylah Rose.
    our ds was much more difficult, we picked a name 1 week before he was born. we couldn't seem to agree on one, but finally went with Kaleb Bradley.
    boys names are sooo much harder than girls names!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• He hated everything I picked! He picked our sons name and I picked all 3 girls names :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• kind of but not really- before i got pregnant we would toss around baby name ideas and it seemed like we never agreed on any names... i got pretty nervous about when the actual time came to pick names. But once I was actually pregnant we both agreed on a boy name and a girl name by the time I was 3 months (we ended up deciding to name our little one after a dear friend of ours who passed away about a year and a half ago)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We had like 6 girl names picked out and 1 boy name that we weren't sure we really liked. When we found out it was a boy at the ultrasound we went through 2 baby books looking for more names. About 3 days later we decided so when Max was born, he was set with his name
    Mommy2Max217

Answer by Mommy2Max217 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010