If you have a sister, how is your relationship with her?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I have one younger half-sister on my bio mom's side. We Love and care for each other but that's about it. We are not close at all. We have nothing in common. She is the spoiled brat, she is greedy & selfish, and steals from the family. She is a liar and will lie to you about everything. She has one child that she won't be a mother to. Her ex husband and his parents and my parents are raising that child, my sister is living with a no account drug addict, and she rarely see her child. My sister and i are so different. My sister will only have anything to do with certain people, the ones that hand out to her. She is a bum and will not work, and since i don't give her money or take her on shopping sprees and buy her stuff, she don't call me much. She only calls and comes to see mom & my aunt when she needs something, she just uses people. I don't let her use me, i will not buy her love. But that is the way my sister is.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 7:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have 3 sisters, 1 i dont know very well we didnt grow up together, 1 it is good but we are not as close as we would like to be, we dont fight we just live so far apart and we are step sister raised together. my baby sister and i are close now but there is 6 years between us and for a long time i was married and she was in high school adn we had to parent her because my dad was sick and mom was very busy with him, i think for along time she resented dhand i but now she and i are close and she is grateful for all we did for her. she is theone person i would entrust with my children if anything happened to us.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have three sisters and have a good relationship with all of them. I am closer to the sister who lives in my city, we see each other more often and until a month ago were the only ones with kids. We swap babysitting all the time, our kids are close, and really rely on each other for support. I'm am close to my sis who just adopted. She's the only other one who is married and she's closest to me in age, but we do live farther apart so we don't see each other as often, though we do talk on the phone a lot. My youngest sister I'm not that close to. We get along well, but really don't have a lot in common. She isn't married and has no kids so she's still living the single life with little responsiblity beyond herself. She's kind of flighty and while I know she loves her nephews, I don't know that I'd trust her to look after them like my other sisters would.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My younger sister and I are BFF's;) I so wished she lived closer. My older sister and I don't really talk and there is a reason for that.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Pretty bad right now. I hope she pulls her head out of her butt soon.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 1:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's crap but that is how she has chosen it to be. I have reached out to her several time yet I do not get the same back so I have given up. she thinks she is superior due to her higher level of education and trust me I am so proud of her I just feel that she chose higher education to make the same $ I do and gave up time with her children when they were young and now they suffer for it with their "behaviors"

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have a best friend I've known for 16 years that I call my sister. We're very close, closer than most blood sisters. I also have a (half)sister who is 9. We're about as close as we can be seeing as how there's a 17 year gap between us. We talk a lot and she stays here often when Mom comes to town.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my sister and i are best friends. idk where i'd be w/o her, she's the most selfless person i know and i love her so much, she lives right down the street from me so we hang out all the time, we have another sister but she had some drug problems and is trying to clean her life up,
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have 3 sisters and I'm not terribly close with any of them. Two because we are just so different and don't have much in common and one because she lives hundreds of miles away.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i have 2 older sisters. one i dont talk too much. we are on perfectly good terms we just arent very close and live very different lives. the other one i talk to rarely, but not a lot. we all get along fine we just are not close.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2010