Crazy & Annoying symptom from quitting smoking...any suggestions???

My husband and I have recently quit smoking (3 weeks ago) and I have been suffering from some very annoying withdrawl symptoms. I have really bad nightmares most nights that are so bad I wake up either frozen with fear or in tears. I also have a hard time getting sleepy at night before bed which makes getting in bed late a nightly occurance. Would that have anything to do with the nightmares. And I know it's from quitting smoking b/c I have had these symptoms before from the other times I quit. Any advice???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Health

• No clue, talk to your GP about it. Some people develop major side effects from quitting smoking, and your doc may be able to offer some advice for dealing with it (either with visualisations or herbs or drugs).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would look it up online elsewhere or try meditation before bed. Good luck with that, I refuse to quit even though I know how bad it is for me.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Try a white noise machine at bed to help get to sleep. My iPod Touch has an app for it that was free, or you can buy a machine for about $20. I seem to sleep more sound with it, too.

Congratulations on quitting! The symptoms really should go away soon.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 4:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2010