If you are a teen mom... (Share about yourself)...even if you aren't you may still share...I dont want to leave anyone out :) ♥

did you freak when you got pregnant/found out you were?

I know I did, I was scared and nervous but knew I did not do my best to protect from pregnancy.

How old were you? I was 17 and lived with my BF, on our own...

Did you feel like your life was over?

Me? No, I felt like I had a new life now, Like I needed to woman up (like man up) and make sure me, my SO and baby were going to be alright. I had the realisation that I laid on my back and acted like I was "grown" and now I REALLY need to be "grown", or an adult.

Where are you now in life? age? LO's age? How many LO's? SO/DH still together?

I'm 18, sons 8 months, one LO. I'm in my second year of college as a psych major and have my own Tax Business. My SO and I have ups and downs but we are in a positive direction for sure.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 1:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• did you freak when you got pregnant/found out you were?
    Yes. I was just really surprised. I had been on birth control so I thought I was covered. And my periods were always irregular so I didn't even realize that my period was "late" because it always came on a different day every month.

How old were you?
    17

Did you feel like your life was over?
    No. I felt the same way you did.... it wasn't over, I just had to start a "new" life and be a responsible adult.

I am 22. I dropped out of high school when I was about 5 months pregnant but I got my GED when I was 18. I work full-time at a group home for MR/DD patients. SO and I are still together... getting married next month, actually. Our first LO is 4, plus we have a 2 yr old and 8 week old twins.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

Yes, but in a happy, excited way :)

How old were you?
    19 and married.

Did you feel like your life was over?
    No, I was super excited. I'd had baby fever since I was 16 lol.

I'm 22, my daughter is 2, I'm 37 weeks pregnant with our second, and yes, we are still together.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i got pregnant at 19

didnt freak out. we werent trying, but we werent NOT trying if that makes any sense. we were okay if it happened. I got a HUGE smile on my face and got excited i only cried when i told me mom lol.

we still just have our Lo brooke shes 17 months..
    im still with her dad, we have our own place.. (well we did since before i was preg)
    he works full time, i work part time at night and do at home working too in the day time and late at night....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I majorly freaked out, I was definitely not ready to be pregnant. I had just turned 17 when i found out. I didn't feel like my life was over, I just knew I'd be giving up a lot of things. Right now, I'm almost 20, DD is almost 2. Me and her father are no longer together, but are just friends. I'm going to school to be a nurse, and just focusing on myself and my daughter. :)
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 1:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

Oh yea, bought several tests before I was convinced lol. I was terrified to tell my family..all turned out well though

How old were you? I was 19, living with BF

Did you feel like your life was over?

I didn't feel like it was over. But I did know it was about to make a drastic change. I was going down a bad path. In with not great people, and following the family tradition of alcoholics. My lil man saved me.

I'm now a SAHM at 23 years old. Finishing up school finally! I have 3 kids now, 3 1/2 DS, almost 1 DD, and just over 4 weeks DD.I am not with the father of my DS. He didn't want to grow up and drop the drugs to be with us. But I'm thankful everyday for my DH. He's been there since I was 3 months pregnant.
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• oh and no i didnt think my life was over. i looked at it like it was just beginning i love being a mom!
    MomNbabyGirl009

• Totally freaked out. It was 1986 so not quite as common as it is now to hear of a teen pregnant. I was almost 19 by the time he was born. Did not do my best to avoid pregnancy...thought for some reason I was touched by an angel and it just wouldn't happen to me.

I got married when I was 5 months along. A year later we bought a house. Was married for 14 yrs and had two more children with him. We divorced. He was 6 yrs older than me..not entirely his fault, I just grew up and wanted and needed different things.

I am now 43, I have a new DH of 9 yrs. We have two boys together, for a total of 5...6 counting his DD.

My son...my first child, is the best unanswered prayer I ever got!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ~~I was not a teen mom just a young mom I was 20 when i found out I was pregnant and turned 21 when I was 7 months pregnant~~~

Yeah I did. My mom didn't though.

How old were you?
    I was 20 and my SO and I were planing on moving in together somewhere between my county and his.

Did you feel like your life was over?
    I felt like THAT part of my life was over! My saying for my DD's birth is from my death came my life. The death of THAT life! (which wasn't too good so I'm glad it's over)

I'm 23 DD is 2 1/2 and my SO and I are still together. We are going through a very huge test in our lives right now but it's OK! We're both strong!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2010