Should a law officer bring his work home with him or leave it at work?

I'm sorry, I needed to elaborate on this question!!! What I meant was mentally, emotionally, and physically should your Police Office Mom or Dad bring their work home with them? Like if my son was just having fun and got too loud, should the police SO bring their home with them by punishing that child or just talk to them normally and let them know they have been too loud and if the don't stop being too loud they won't like it if he/she has to get back up!!!!

jesussaves58

Asked by jesussaves58 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Whether one is a police officer or busboy I have always believed that work should stay at work and not brought into the home and vice verse.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• work should be left in the workplace. That is why it is called a workplace. I assume this is the same question I answered earlier which an answer was given that I assume was directed at me. I am an extremely literal person and even though I ALWAYS understand what people are referring to when they use euphamisms, I cannot stand them so I answer the question literally. Yes I can read very well actually. I choose to answer a question the way I would expect others to answer mine, that is all.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Work should be left at work but.... As the wife of a LEO there are times when even though he leaves the details at work the emotional toll is still there. My Dh does not take it out on our kids and never would, instead he will tell everyone he needs some down time and go downstairs and read or play on the computer and normally by dinner he is in better spirits. Some days I go down and we talk out the situation just so he can vent or we take the kids out somewhere and do something fun to get his mind in a differnt place. It is a hard job and the stress level of these guys is through the roof. My DH was military before this so he has never been in a low stress work environment lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Definately not. This is a domestic violence situation waiting to happen.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• LEO's have a little bit different jobs than most of us. I dont think its always that easy to leave work at work. If you got shot at, would you leave it at the place that it happened? No, you'd probably facebook about it, get on here and write about it, call everyone you know and tell them about it. Well, that is something cops deal with all the time.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2010