Painting inside of home?

If you don't have enough windows or lighting in your living room and can't afford to do both lighting and painting what would you do? I am thinking about painting so my next question is what colot should I paint it? I have brown carpets that have been here for the 25 yrs we've lived here, mostly brown furniture, and green and striped drapes!! My dtr asked me the last time they were home what color my walls were suppose to be? when we bought the house they were white and since my husband and I both smoke I told her they were nicotine!!! I want to paint them yellow? I asked the man at the paint store what he thought and he said that would certainly brighten it, even my husband thought it would look good so what is everony's opinion?
Jesussaves58
Billie Mae58

jesussaves58

Asked by jesussaves58 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• White or light pastels always help.Even your curtains could be in those shades perhaps one tone darker.My dd's bedroom had the same problem and we used off-white on 3 walls and painted the 4th, which was behind her bed,light purple to make a contrast.The curtains are white filligree with little purple butterfies.The whole room literally "lit up".
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 2:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Thank you so very much for that answer!! Purple and White are my favorite colors and when I was a teenager and wantee to paint me room purple, I had to go with a light lavender, which was alright with me!!! Then my Mom sewed my curtains and my comforter and it was just wonderful for me!! But again thank you for answering and I am going to bup this!!!!
    Jesussaves58
    Billie Mae58
    jesussaves58

Comment by jesussaves58 (original poster) at 3:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Well, yellow is my favorite color and, it certainly would go with the browns in the room. It would also brighten it up a bit. I think your choice is the best. The only other color I would suggest is a light turquoise. I am really liking turquoise and brown these days. Send pics when you are finished.

Cheryl
    GrandmaBfly1

Answer by GrandmaBfly1 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2010