Is it possible to have a positive preg test, and then test negative one month later?

My sis was dating a guy for five months when she told me she might be pregnant. He didnt want the baby and told her to have an abortion. She called me and told me about it and I tried to convince her to NOT have an abortion. She said she had been feeling weird and sick and took 3 preg tests and they all came out positive. She told me she wants to dump this guy because he didnt seem to want a serious relationship with her which is why he is asking her to abort the baby. I told her to go to the doctor to confirm the preg before she makes any decision. I didnt speak to her for 4 weeks. I just called her a few minutes ago and she told me she went to the doctor and she is NOT preg. They didnt find a baby. She doesnt seem convincing. I have a strong feeling she had an abortion and doesnt want to tell me. Or is it possible to test positive and then negative later? And she did break up with him...I am so confused...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• that would probably be a case of you having a miscarriage, and you may not even have noticed it. It happens all the time. A pregnancy test will not read positive unless you are, however it can mess up with negative results. Maybe you got pregnant again.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• from the sequence of events i might be inclined to believe that she had abortion... poor kid id go see her if you can.. give her a hug and what not. i was in her situation . i kept my child...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• it is possible to have mixed test results, i had 2 positive, went to the clinic their test was negative, but i knew i was prego, so i went and bought another pack of tests they were all positive, the next doctor i went to a month later said i was positive, of course by then i looked like i had swallowed a beach ball. i'm just saying it is possible to have different results.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• she could also have had a chemical pregnancy. This happened to me once and I heard of others say it's happened to them too. I had a preg test and it came back positive, it was a home test when I went to the doctors and tested through them they said it came back negative. Then they did a blood test my doctor said that there HGC but not alot so I might just be very early into pregnancy. Then a few days later I started bleeding alot lke clots and alot of blood I went to the hospital they did an ultrasound and more lab work and they said that I wasn't pregnant, it was just a very heavy period so I was super confused. I was told it was a chemical pregnancy.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:13 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Before I had my daughter I had several positives and took a blood test just to be sure and it came back negative. It happens.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 8:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• yes, that happened to me. i took a home pregnency test and got a positive result but when i went to my dr and had a pregnency test in their office, it came back negative. they told me i had a false positive test.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2010