What brand of formula do you recommend?

When I return to work full-time I will be starting my baby on formula. This is my first baby. When I look at the shelf at the grocery store, there are so many choices. What do you ladies use? I dont really want to feed her formula, but I am not diligent about pumping enough milk.

TinyTaurus2010

Asked by TinyTaurus2010 at 1:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have fun with this question!

My answer is Enfamil with Iron.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:00 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I also used Enfamil with my baby...it was easier on his tummy
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 2:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We used Prosobee soy formula with our children. The doctor recommended it to us.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 2:07 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i tried all the "expensive" ones on my daughter, thinking they would be better...however the only thing she would actually keep down was nestle goodstart. she puked everytime on the other ones. so i definetly recommend nestle goodstart!!! all my friends use/used that one too!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would first go to this sight and learn how to pump efficiently and effectivley so you don't have to spend so much time on it /newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/MaxProduction.html">http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/MaxProduction.html/a

And then if that wasn't enough if it were me and I had to pick a formula I would go with Nature's One Baby's Only
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• After nursing for 8 months, formula we picked was Enfimil Premium. As a side note, can you believe that the first ingredient in the Enfimil (or Similac, I can't remember which) formula for a baby who spits up/fussiness, etc. is CORN SYRUP SOLIDS? Check it out for yourself. Could not believe it. My kid spits up so to keep the food down I'm going to give him what??!?!? Be aware as well or the unimpressive "organic" blends. We're pretty organic in our house, but were not sold on Earth's Best, as an example.
    JRB101009

Answer by JRB101009 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I actually use the off brand from walmart. Everything is the same as Similac Advance, just it is 11.99 for it instead of 23.99. My son has no problems with it at all. None of my other 4 children had an issue with the off brand of their given formula from walmart either.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• so do u bf now. am confused. goodstart is good.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I use similac advance for my son untill he was 14 months then switch to Nestle Nido+ .
    hungluvphuong

Answer by hungluvphuong at 12:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We use Good start :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010