getting your GED? how to?

Do you take classes at a place and then do the test?

or do you do your own studying at home then do the test somewhere else?

or can you do either or?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can take classes or you can study online and then take the test. Or, if you feel like you have a handle on the knowledge, you can just go take the test. The best place to start to find out where you can take the test in your state is your Office of Public Instruction. Good luck!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 2:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I earned a GED since getting pregnant at 16 & kicked out of my parent's house.... I studied for 6 months, and felt totally dumb while studying! I couldn't believe how HARD the study guide made the test out to be!! After I took the actuall test, I realized I didn't need to study at all....the text was easier than the study guide....

I would just take the test and if you fail, then study. OR if you are really awful in certain subjects, I would study those and just brush up on the others. The reason I give the advice to just take the test to see what happens is that alot of people get so caught up in not wanting to study, that they don't take the test at all...

GOOD LUCK!!!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• one thing that can be tough with GED is that you have to get a certain grade in all the subjects...so if you do good in all of them but then fail math, you haveb to do it ALL over again..some colleges where i live offer a ged preparation class..might be worth a shot..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2010