Full term with extreme fatigue & nausea....opinions please!!!!!!!

Add in the awful backaches that just started this weekend, cramps, increase in vaginal discharge, pressure in my crotch with stinging, pain in my hips & thighs and more frequent and painful BH contractions, could this mean labor is gunna start soon? I haven't had nausea since the first trimester and it was so bad i needed a picc line put in and i had to go get iv meds & fluids daily. And now I'm so exhausted I can't make it through the day without at least one nap, I don't even have the energy to cook dinner for my 2 year old son and husband....let alone meals throughout the day for my son and i. I haven't been this tired again, since my 1st trimester. I think I regressed to that dreaded trimester. Did any of you experience this right before labor? If so how long before you went into labor? I'm getting very impatient

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well I didn't go into labor naturally, but BH aren't generally painful so my guess is that labor isn't that far off :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The BH aren't regular or anything, they come and go, some hurt and some don't...some go away.with position change & some dont, but when I was induced with my son none of my contractions were regular, or very painful for that matter. Which is why im somewhat concerned
    KaylaMarie425

Comment by KaylaMarie425 (original poster) at 2:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• your body is definately getting ready for labor, could be any day, or not. as for the lack of energy, i had that with both my kids. it's the extra weight, and all the prep work your body is doing, it just wares you out, escpecially with a little one to watch for all day.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I was told braxton hicks are an out of date term and you are actually experiencing contractions. Your body is just getting ready for labor that's all. As for the sick part, it sucks. I was on bed rest the last few weeks of my trimester before I had the baby because I had the stomach flu, a cold and sore throat. It was not fun. Just relax and keep yourself rested.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Labor is coming rest while you can and bring in some help with the cooking. Your mom, mil, sister, brother, friend, whoever can help take care of the two year old. If the contractions do not stop completely they are not braxton hicks. Maybe walking around and climbing some stairs wil help regulate them. Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010