For $500 dollars what would you do with regards to "Friendship"??

Back in February I loaned my friend a dress of mine (that cost me $500) to chaperone her sons ball. The dress had to be altered a bit smaller to fit her etc. She paid for all that. It's now July and she has never returned my dress (which she took back to the dry cleaner after wearing). I today comfronted her about the dresss and said my sister needed to borrow it for a friend. My friend is broke, has been for months. Little does she know that I picked the dress up on my dime two months ago (for fear it would be sold or taken due to time spent there). Is it wrong that I want her to go there to pick it up and freak when its not there, means she has the ticket? Oh and FYI...A friend of my daughters says that this same woman was bffs with her mom until she wanted the GRAND she loned her back and "my friend" ended it abruptly!!!!!!! HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• You picked the dress up and you have it, right? If so, I'd let it go because she obviously does not intend to go attempt to pick up the dress. Just don't loan her anything else. She also obviously is not trustworthy.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 2:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Depends on how much you value this friendship. She should have just told you she didn't have the money to pick up the dress from the cleaners, but what you did was a little dirty too. Now you know not to loan her things, consider it a lesson learned and move on. However, if she calls you freaking out that the dress isn't there, you should let her know you picked it up yourself... you don't have to say when.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• yeah, never lend her anything again...not even a cup of milk!
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 2:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No it's not wrong for you to freak out. You have every right to be mad because when you loan someone something, they're expected to give it back to you after they used it. You shouldn't have to beg plead or be patient. Your friend is wrong and I personally would get the dress back at all cost and end the friendship if she doesn't dod the right thing. Who needs a friend like that anyway?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:25 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's dishonest of you to pick up the dress at the cleaners and then turn around and ask her to go pick it up. You should have just told her,I picked my dress up at the cleaners. You should then break off your relationship w/her if you don't want to be friends any more.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 7:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The mean spirited part of me says yes, tell her she needs to go get the dress from the cleaners, before it's sold. Just so she freaks when it's gone. BUT, they would probably tell her that you got it anyway, so she may not freak :( I would do it, just to get even, because I can be like that. I know it's wrong, but sometimes I can't help it. If she does this sort of thing all the time, to everyone, I would definatly do something back, then end the friendship. I would be a B like that. Sorry.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010