Are you healthier now than when you were single?

When I was single, I ate what I wanted, slept late, worked out at the gym maybe five times a year! LOL Now that I have kids it's different. they have been growing up too fast and are becoming so active that I just have to keep up with them. I've been eating healthier now than ever because I also have to feed them healthy foods and set a good example of healthy living. They are so much into sports and I have to swim with them, play with them and such. We take a lot of walks, go biking etc... I've never felt stronger and healthier ever! Well, I do hate my saggy arms which never seems to get toned no matter what I do. How about you?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 2:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Health

• When I was in HS, I weighed 10lbs more than I do now and didn't ever work out. I now work out everyday and eat as healthy as I can. In HS I didn't really have any examples to go by, so when I started eating out on my own and stuff (I was always gone working and stuff), I put on 20lbs! Now that I'm older, I stopped eating fast food completely. I did gain 40lbs with DD, but when I started working out and eating better, it dropped off :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I've put on about 80lbs over the last 5 yrs. I've had 4 babies between 2005 and 2010. Very hard on the body, and it didn't help that I've had 4 c-sections, each with difficult recoveries, and now I have so much scar tissue in my abdomen my uterus is not where it should be and my stomach muscles are so screwed up that when I started working out and doing crunches- it made my stomach stick out even farther!! :( There's so much damage to my insides that surgery isn't even an option. It's very depressing and breastfeeding 3 of the 4 left me with 38I size twins! which has led to back problems! I trained to join the marines when I was 17, went to Italy for the summer ,and re-met my high school sweetheart. we got married, I never joined the marines, and we had our family. I can't say I'd trade my family for the fit body I had, but eating healthy is so important now because I want my kids to avoid my situation when they grow up.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'm about the same as before I married and had kids, I've always been fit, played hockey, lifted weights, etc... I guess I eat a little better now though...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:11 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't know that I'm healthier now but I'm definitely not UNhealthier. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 2:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010