My 27 year old boyfriend never worked in his life and is lying to me about looking for a job.

He has a Bachelor's degree in economics. Would anyone hire him at his age without any previous experience?

nicolesweet

Asked by nicolesweet at 3:00 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• yes some company sure would. Problem these days is he cannot be picky. If he needs work he just have to grab whatever is out there even if it's totally unrelated to his economics course. Honestly, it's a huge help if he is referred by someone from the inside. It speeds things up and the hiring process basically becomes a matter of formality.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 3:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes if he was really trying... but he kinda sounds like a loser if he's truly NEVER had a job! I'd find a more mature/responsible guy!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• yes, but he might have to start at the bottom and he might not get a lot of pay. Sure Education is important and it looks great to have it but Experience is a lot more important to some employers!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I do career and job search coaching, and I never charge CafeMoms or Dads for my services. Send me a message offlist if I can help with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• He is lying to you about looking for a job and you want to know if a company would hire him with no experience?? Do you see the quantum leap over a very important detail there?? WHY would you want to be with someone who lies to you about something like that? My gramma always said 'if he'll lie about one thing, he'll lie about everything!" And "you can lock up from a thief, but you can't lock up from a liar, so avoid those!"

If you know he is lying, he is not only LAZY but dishonest. If he does manage to get a job (never know, one might just land in his lap while he's playing xbox) I would doubt he would be able to keep it for long.

Be really REALLY sure before you invest too much on this one. Sounds like a loser to me. If you don't believe me, ask your mom or any older female relative. If they tell you to hook your wagon to that pony I'll give up chocolate for a month!!
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 12:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree with SimplyLaine. Sounds like a loser who is only going to cause you more heartache than not.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would leave. No job is a deal breaker for me.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• How has he gotten by this far without a job? Does he still live with his parents?! It's one thing to be WORKING full-time while living at home to save money, it's another to be a slacker, living at home, indefinitely! If the latter is the case...say adios!! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010