How long were you in labor, once the doctor broke your water? Interested in everyones story. My daughter in law, has been two centimeters since ten yesterday morning, and they broke her water around seven yesterday...now here we are still waiting, and its five in the morning. I dont know, I had my kids fast lol...how long were your labors? fast after the water broke, or slow? Im afraid they are going to end up giving her a c cection.

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 5:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• With my first, I was in labor for 15 hrs after they broke my water, 18 hrs total. I almost had to have a c section but thankfully, he came out on his own.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• 17 hours with twins. Ended up with C-Section!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have twins, they are eight now. I was in labor all night but thought I had pulled my back out and was in extreme pain, well I tried to ignore it thinking I pulled something and I just needed to rest, well the contractions got so bad in my back I went to the ER. I was two days over due with my twins, so I thought I could be in labor but it was all in my back. Well when they got me to labor and delivery, they said not to push what ever I do that they babies were right there. I was supposed to push baby A out first then have a emergency c section with baby B....well she came out anyways. Thank god, no c section!
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 5:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I just had my first baby a year ago and I was in labor for about 12 hours, but after the break my water I dillated a lot faster I pass from 2 centimeters to 10 in 1 hour. I wish you the best and hopefully you can meet that baby soon!!
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 5:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My water broke 1st, then about 24 hours later they cut me. With my next baby (a vbac) my water broke again. and my labor was only 12 hours. The 1st time I was in a hospital and I was very scared, the 2nd time I was at home and very relaxed. Maybe see if she can get in a shower, or dim the lights, something to make her feel more relaxed.
    calebmama

Answer by calebmama at 5:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't know where she is at right now but if she does have a c-section,it won't be the end of the world. I mean, I had two. The first one was pretty awful like the whole pregnancy but the second was great. No matter what I can tell that you are supportive. The end result is so awsome,no matter the method!!:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• when i was pregnant i was told by loads of people that labour would be hours and that most 1st time mothers end up needing a C-Section . well when i had my son i was in my mothers house, waters broke at 3.30pm,got contractions straight away for 40secs every 3mins, went into hospital and had a check and i was 5cm dilated. contractions were coming so fast i couldnt ly still for epidural so i only had gas and air and i gave birth at 9.20pm so just under 6hrs in total which coincidently was the exact amount of time my mum was in labour with me.
    tell her not to feel bad if she needs a C-Section if baby needs help to come into the world. just tell her to think of what she will be holding at the end. she has done all the hard work so far she just might need a little bit of help to get there. when she is holding her baby she will be glad and forget about it. best of luck. keep us posted
    shell394

Answer by shell394 at 7:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It was more than 6 hours after my water broke that I started really pushing. I was in labor for 30 hours total. It does take really long for some women! Good luck and well wishes for your family)
    JRB101009

Answer by JRB101009 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Every labor is different. Usually the first is the longest. It doesn't necessarily mean she'll have a C-section. I had 4, the first was about 14 hours, the 2nd - 8 hours, the 3rd - about 8 hours, and my epidural didn't work - and that's NOT normal. I was not a happy camper. And my 4th, I did not have an epidural and the labor lasted about 5 hours.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 8:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• brok my water with my first at noon I had her 2 min after midnight...they were telling me I was gonna have to have a c section if she didn't show up by then...I lucked out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:00 AM on Jul. 14, 2010