How much will you spend?

Will you spend more, less or the same on Christmas as you did last year?

smokeybear

Asked by smokeybear at 5:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• Don't know yet. It depends. We have 2 adult kids and 2 inlaws, and 5 Grandkids. We usually spend about $80. - $100. each on our son and daughter, and about around $80.. - $100. each on the grandkids, and we spend a little less on the inlaws. and that takes about all of my Christmas money i saved up for all year long. Because just what i spend on the kids and grandkids is about $800. total. And then plus what me and my husband spend on each other, but we don't buy much for extended family. The only extended family we have to buy for is my mom & stepdad, and my aunt von and one niece, and we don't spend much on them.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 7:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I may spend a little extra on food to make the Christmas feast and do the extra baking, maybe $50 to $75.

We don't travel very far, the max is 20 miles to DH's parents' home.

Charities? Maybe an extra $50 to $100. We give a bit to Salvation Army in cash and then buy food to contribute to food baskets.

Gifts: I try to make most of our gifts (quilts, afghans, doll clothes, clothing, play mats, table runners, home decor, etc) and then each kid will get homemade gifts plus one store bought item plus stocking stuffers....about $200 worth. Extended family members get food gifts or a homemade gift.

To us it's not so much about who gets what and who spends more, it's about spending time together watching Christmas movies, making ornaments, picking out a tree together & decorating it, baking and decorating goodies together ( we have a gingerbread house day every Christmas season), and getting together with friends and family.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:21 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• it is a long time off. . . but I don't plan on spending anymore than I already do on Yule. . . it is more of a feast deal for us than gifts and presents. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 5:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Right Kris... "spend on Christmas", means spend on anything related to Christmas. Food, travel, vacation, charities, and of course gifts - but not limited to.
    smokeybear

Comment by smokeybear (original poster) at 7:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• More then last year since I am saving every penny I get. I already spent over $4000 and plan on another $$2000.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• only what the hell i could afford to
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 4:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• probably about the same i spent last year.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2010