when did own kids get smarter then us?

momskitty

Asked by momskitty at 6:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• This occurs at some point during the teenage years. It usually goes back to normal after they have children of their own.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• There is so much truth in that statement. Teenagers know everything and, really act as if the parents are stupid. It certainly does change when they are on their own and, start raising their own kids. I have received many appologies from my two girls now that they have teenagers of their own. Kind of makes me laugh, is it Karma? LOL
    GrandmaBfly1

Answer by GrandmaBfly1 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Adult kids think age is a factor in knowledge and smarts, they will find out soon enough that it is not always this way.

Answer by older at 8:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Amen Remember when we used to to tell them to take a coat in the morning because it was going to snow later in the day and they blew us off. Now their consequences are a bit more costly but they still don't want to listen. My age 21 DD is killing me with the decision she is making and she is going to be in serious debt and 1,000 miles away after this one - passing up her 100% paid for college education and she only has 3 semesters left . . . . . bet you can guess that it's because of a man - and he's a liar. Ouch. Breaks my heart.
    SandraD101

Answer by SandraD101 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My adult children have realized (and told me) that they had attitude problems...LOL...and thought they knew everything.
    They did turn out well,though,and our disagreements were minor,nothing big. They are married,with kids,and see for themselves how it goes. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Usually during college they "dumb" down enough to realize parents are actually wiser or smarter.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 12:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• NEVER let them think that. I am always smarter.
    Mommyruff

Answer by Mommyruff at 9:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• When they get our age.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2010