would this make you wonder?

i just got ap hoen call on my home phone, husbands coworkers want him to come back to work for some training "thing", his cell phone rang a hour ago from his boss trying ot get a hold of him for this training that was not announced before...meaning he is not at work, but he never came home. I know what he had to do this morning so roughly 2-3 hours of him just..somewhere else. We just got paid today, so I am thinking maybe he went to the store and is buying crap that I wanted him to wait on (car radio/speakers etc. he wants to upgrade) or maybe he is hiding something from me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Before you jump to a conclusion, find out the facts. Talk to your husband, only you can tell if he's hiding something.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:11 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree, there is no use to worry about his hiding something at this point. He must not have his cell with him, so you can't try to reach him? When he gets home explain and after he gets the work thing straightened out then ask him in a calm voice about where he was.

Answer by Bmat at 7:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Wait till he gets home and ask him...relax
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 7:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• This behavior would be so unlike my husband that my first thought would be that he had been in some kind of accident or that something really bad had happened. So I would be worried more than I would be suspicious. Before accusing him of anything, I would just tell him about the phone calls and ask where he had been. There may be a perfectly reasonable explanation, although there are some questions that come to my mind: Why was his cell phone at home and not with him? Is he in the habit of disappearing for 2 or 3 hours? Does he ususally spend money without discussing it with you? Does he ordinarily hide other things from you? Any of these would be out of character for my hubby and would be a cause for concern, but for other men, this is their way of life. So just ask him. That's the only way you will know.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It would depend on if this is his character or not. If he is doing this type of stuff all te time then yes I would wonder what he is up to disappearing all the time. If it is out of character for him then I would assume it was just an honest mistake. But if he is supposed to be at work and this happened I would also be wondering what's up.
    Like said above, just tell him about the calls and then when the time is appropriate calmly ask him how his day was and what all he did today. If that doesn't coax an answer out of him about where he was during the time then just ask... so what else did you do today? And if he still doesn't mention that time frame THEN I would definately worry.

Hope all is well hun.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ask him staright up what is going on
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'd open up the conversation with "your co-workers and boss called earlier. I did not know where you were, and since your phone was here I had no way to contact you otherwise I would have called you right away and passed on the messages........." and then I'd wait and see what he says. If he does not say where he was/what he was doing then I would be very direct and say "so where did you go today?" or "so what were you doing?".
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I worked for a company that had techs in the field. One tech decided to take a vacation day. But he didn't tell his wife. He got up to go to "work" as usual. Except there was an emergency in his area and the dispatchers had to call his house to get him. Imagine everyones surprise when it all came out! lol I think men just do things like this, I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet! The guy I was talking about was fishing with a buddy!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ask him before u flip
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010