If someone gave you a giftcard to a grocery store as a Christmas present what would you think?

What kind of present is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, I would be tickled! I have gotten them before, and I never took it as an insult. I took it as, WooHoo! One week that I don't have to pay for my groceries!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's a useful present. I'd like it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's simply what they thought would be a nice gift. I would appreciate the fact that they wanted to give me something and I would buy my favorite ice cream with it!! :)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't see what the problem is with that. I wouldn't want my husband to get me a gift card to a grocery store but if it came from someone else I'd be fine with it.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'd think "Sweet!!! Free groceries!" Much better than some sweater I won't ever wear.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 7:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's a gift they obviously put some thought into, right? Is it something you needed at the time? Or some time? I'd be happy, it would help us out a lot. And I would be grateful.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It is a good and useful gift. Much nicer than a mug or a candle or a pair of slippers that end up in the charity bag.

Answer by Bmat at 8:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would think that somebody thought enough of me to want to give me something. Since everybody uses groceries, what a neat idea to give me something everybody can use!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i would be like "heck yeah"...but then i would wonder what their intentions really were..maybe they might think you arent feeding your kids or something.. I really would wonder. I guess it would depend on who the person giving it was.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Usefull!
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 8:21 AM on Jul. 14, 2010