Britol Palin and Levi Johnston said they're engaged? What do you think?

Bristol Palin tells the magazine US Weekly Wednesday July 14, 2010 that she finds the idea of telling her mother about her engagement "intimidating and scary." The pair say they reconnected while working out a custody plan and became engaged two weeks ago.

Who first tells a magazine reporter and NOT their family? A dysfunctional family?

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 8:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Palin is NOT a political figure anymore...she is a civilian, like you and me. And Michelle, WHO?! Trust me, I can leave her alone!!! LOL :O)

How about you not act like we are kids you are talking to. We all know that Palin plans a run for President and you are probably heading up the Palin for President web site. This whole "she's not a public figure leave her alone" crap is just that CRAP and we all know it. Conservative and Liberal alike.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I think...it's their business and good for them...hope it all works out.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I hope it works out for them and their family.   The smartest thing they could do is step back out of the public spotlight, imo.   It would be very hard to establish a family with blood-hungry vultures hoping you fail at every turn.

What this has to do with the Palin family being dysfunctional, I don't know. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and I believe we ALL live in glass houses. There isn't a family out there that doesn't have something that would set the neighbours atwitter if it got out.

Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 8:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• What's the issue with the Palin's?
    She isn't running for office is she?
    She's not a threat to the other side is she?
    Because she is a Christian woman with non-perfect family members she's not an easy target is she?
    Her family values aren't being brought up again are they?
    How bout your family values? Got any black sheep in your family?
    Poor Sara, all she ever did was be born beautiful, accept Jesus, and wake up every morning with the idea in her head to Work for a living.
    I wonder how Tipper found out about the affairs of Al, and about the impending divorces in their family.
    I wonder how Hillary found out about all of Bill's problems in the bedrooms of other women.
    I wonder how Jimmy Carter felt when his brother Billy was outed as a redneck drunk.
    Oh and then of course their is Obama's Auntie, the ILLEGAL in governement housing
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• So ...if some can't leave Michele Obama alone...that means lets pick Palins family apart? I don't get it
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I didn't care much about Bristol's activities, and with this news I am able to say that I still don't care. What she does is her business. People give it too much attention. Someone asked what sort of roll model she is for speaking about abstinence and then for getting back with her ex? I am figuring that she is the kind of roll model that is showing people that you shouldn't let the court of public opinion determine your life path. But that's just me.

Anyhow, just more fodder for the gossip mill.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i know nothing about their personal lives so i really could care less.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:17 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Once again, I'd like to pause and thank the liberals for keeping me updated on the actions of the Palin family. Without them (the liberals, that is) obsessing over every nose blowing and fart I'd never have the first idea what any of them were doing. Granted, I don't believe my life would be any less enriched for not knowing, but at least you have a hobby to keep you busy.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I think you just can't leave the PALIN family alone!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Michelle Obama put herself out there. What kind of mother tells the entire country her daughter is overweight by BMI standards? To the original Q:: That is their business.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2010