Finally!! My divorce is starting!!! YAY!

Okay ladies, my question is to you have fought for your children, what did you have to bring to court and how did you prove you were the best parent the child should live with? I finally got a lawyer and I am making my appointment today! So excited! I know it maybe weird to be excited about a divorce, but it has been a LONG time since we have been together. I am about to try to file a no fault divorce and try to fight for joint custody with me as domicile. What should I bring to the lawyer?? I am so nervous to.. how did you win??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• you didn't mention what he did to not be the better parent?
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:30 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• good luck and i hope things go how you want
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• why did I do this anonymous?? I am sorry! Silly me.. anyhoo ..what he did to not be the better parent? He is hardly ever here by choice. in 4 months he has checked in on him 3 times and came and got him twice. one was for 4 days and the other just one day. he really is unstable, swapping girl friends like crazy all the while teaching our son to call them mom. Tells people in front of our child that I abandoned him and haven't seen me in months even though he had to pick our son up from MY house.. Treats his child like he is a robot.. he has no feelings bc he is small.. that is what he thinks. He had a home, all he had to do was fix it up a little, I know bc it was our home. The payment was VERY low.. only 110 a month and he chose to give it up by CHOICE (bc he has the money to pay it) to live with his grandparents. Oh, and no matter how much I ask him to help financially he wont help. He in the last 2 years has helped me cont.
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• he in the last 2 years has helped out 4 times. and that was 2 pair of shoes and half of each birthday and I had to pretty much force him to. his son is an inconvenience to him and he prefers the life of a teenager...
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• sad :( i hope u get custody..id record all the things uve observed wrong maybe record the convos?
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The explanation that you just wrote...I'd definitely be taking THAT to the lawyer! Good luck hun!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010